fall leaves

Monday, September 8, 2008

My first MPM





My very first posted menu !~Yeah


Sunday - Chinese after church


Monday-Red Beans and rice w/smoked sausage (I start with the Mahatma bag and add 1 can lt.red kidney beans and an extra cup of brown rice . Cook it all up in my Favorite CIS(cast iron skillet)I will also make a wonderful fruit salad to go along with it (recipe to follow)


Tuesday-Hamburgers , pasta salad , pinto beans with banana pudding for dessert( I made a huge one for a Labor Day cook-out and my dh hardly got any, so now he gets his own!)


Wednesday-(church night) Pasties with big glasses of cold RAW milk

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1627,153169-230201,00.html here's the pasty recipe (I omit rutabagas)


Thursday-Chicken Ceaser Pitas served with Corn on the Cob . I will be trying Pitas from scratch for the first time . If they are as wonderful as I hope I will post the recipe later in the week!


Friday-Steaks with Baked Potatoes and garlic cheese bread (from the bread machine)


Saturday-Grilled cheese and homemade chicken or lentil soup (using honey wheat bread I made Sunday)

Fruit Salad

combine any friut you have on hand : we like diced apples,grape halves,mandrine oranges,sliced bananas,peaches,strawberries etc...

Make a sauce using 1/2 cup sour cream

and 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar (more or less to taste)

mix sauce up well , spoon onto servings of fruit salad

Works great as a dip for strawberries and pineapple and looks lovely layered in fancy glasses with small cut fruits !

Have a great week ! May the Lord Bless and Keep you and make His face shine upon you !

1 comment:

JusFrugal said...

Nice first MPM!! The Chicken Caesar Pitas sound yummy!! I'll check back to see how you make out!