Thursday, April 29, 2010
I went to the Beth Moore conference Saturday (which was really good!) But I had to leave early because I was getting sick . I Proceeded thru the stomach flu the rest of Saturday and 1/2 of Sunday ... so no church for me !
Monday I was doing OK . Sore muscles , but livable . Tuesday I felt good . We even went to visit my folks and see a movie . THen Wed. .....UGH..........It was back ! I had everything but the fever . Sigh ....I am so far behind on my house , and errands ! My biggest praise is that DD got her license and has still been able to make it to her various sitting jobs . DS is not so sure about being home with no car tho' .
Anyway.........I took a phenegran and if I can keep my eyes open that should help !
Hopefully I will be back for F5F tomorrow ! See ya'll then !~
Friday, April 23, 2010
And...My moms transmission went out this week and she had the cell to call my daddy ! I love our cells !
#2. Farmers markets . Our produce co-op started again at church . Someone goes every 2 weeks . I love this ! We got blueberries , strawberries,fresh corn , baking taters etc...yummy stuff!
3# New drip pans ! I bought new drip pans for my electric stove , and i love the clean look ! Small investment , big appeal !
#4.The eye care club . DD went for her contact exam and it did not cost her anything this time ! They are ordering the trial pair . She likes contacts best , they are an expensive accessory when you have astigmatism like hers !
#5. Being able to bless someone we love ! We were able to give the van I used to drive to someone who can really use it ! We are praying the Lord gives them 200,000 miles out of it!
So...there my 5 faves this week ! Good thing I haven't found a whine and grumble meme ! I could sure fill that list some days ! :-P
DD had a break-up yesterday . She's nearing 21 and is getting that husband fever . I understand ...but it's frustrating ! I just wish the Lord would put a neon sign on the fella that says "this one!" LOL
DS had friend over to play air-soft . Sweating , shooting each other , getting dirty , ripping jeans ... the ultimate male bonding ! :-) They had fun ! We got pizza for lunch (gotta love Little Ceaser deals!)
I still have dishes to swap out so I better go get busy !
Have a wonderful weekend !
Friday, April 16, 2010
1. Whan last summers shorts still fit ! LOL
I got out all the summer clothes and was pulling on the shorts with trepidation ! I was sure they would not go up ! But they did ...and they are not tight , just comfy ! Yay !
2. Having gran-pups ! Our sons Pitt-bull had 8 pups this week . They are ugly and cute all at the same time . I will try to post some pics on here soon .
3. Things that work as advertised . We are in high pollen season here and everything is yellow . I bought one of those swiffer dusters and it really did pick the pollen up and hold on to it ! My fave is how well it did the TV and all the little nooks and crevices in the back . Good product !
4. Coupons for things I really need ! This week I had a $3 coupon on dog food and $1 off the swiffer duster mentioned in #3 ! I am getting good at looking for printable coupons on line too . The Avenue has a $10 coupon which I think my daughter will use today . They have the best "foundation garments" there ! more on that later too !
5. Watching things grow ! I have 9 tomato plants on the window sill ...almost ready to go to the garden . I also have some new baby plants poking up . The wonderful , new leaves still have seeds on them ...it looks like they are praying ! Ahhh...love that !
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend ! Be looking for what makes your heart smile next week . It really does change your attitude ! :-)
Friday, April 9, 2010
Monday, April 5, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Oh, don't get me wrong, there's plenty to do . The "to do list" is as long as ever ! Some things on the list have to wait until there is money enough to do them (like building the new deck) . But...the kids are at Gram & Papa's , and it's just us and Abby home . We slept later than normal , had egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast and did some cyber surfing . Sitting here listening to the wind chimes ring in the delightfully cool spring breeze . It is in the 68-75 degree range .
I think DH is feeling the call of the grass . The mowers need to be checked over since the first trim of the season is surely only days away . The garden is needing tilled . Our church is planning a community garden for the first time this year . I want to help and am excited to see what God will do with it !
Well , have a joyous Resurrection Sunday !
See ya back here on Monday for MPM .
Friday, April 2, 2010
3. My min-pin Abby is my fave !
4. Spring isn't my favorite season ........but I am glad it's here ! GA is SOOOOOOOOO beautiful in the spring !
5. And last , for this week, my current fave song :-) Derek Webb "Wedding Dress" you can look it up on youtube and have a quick listen for free !
Well .... it wasn't fancy . But not bad for my frist try !
Have a blessed Resurrection Weekend !