fall leaves

Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday's Five Fave

I am back for a second round ! Yea !


#1. My absolute fave this week is the RAIN we had yesterday ! After several day with pollen counts hovering around 6000 , it RAINED and washed the air clean ! Easier breathing and cleaning for so many . Thank You GOD for the rain !


#2. Going to the thrift store and leaving empty handed . I think it speaks much about contentment level for me . Now don't get me wrong , I love a good deal ! In fact I am going on the hunt for a yard sale or 2 as soon as I am done here !


#3. Homeschool flexibility ! We can make the school day fit the rest of of life . When we need to visit someone in the hospital , we just work around that . When my son comes home from CAP and says he needs to teach a safety class ...we can make it fit into school time . I love that!


#4. Hot coffee on a chilly morning . Ummm...my hubby left me some in the pot this morning .


#5. WIsteria ....it's everywhere here in GA now and it smells heavenly ! I know it is a pest of a plant but it is beautiful (and I LOVE the smell !)




7 comments:

ellen b said...

Boy I sure can relate to #2 LOL. I love thrift store shopping and it is good to leave empty handed sometimes.
Lot of the favorites this week are talking about the rain...
Wisteria is one of my favorites to behold. So darn pretty.
Have a good weekend...

Brenda said...

I love #4, but I am appreciating #2 more and more. Trying to be more of a minimalist, I appreciate going to stores and leaving empty handed.

Jerralea said...

What a beautiful picture of the wisteria! I love the smell of flowers - I'm so glad God created beautiful fragrances.

Susanne said...

Hot coffee any morning is the bomb! I love my morning coffee!

I haven't visited the thrift store in awhile. Leaving empty handed is a good thing sometimes, for sure. I love yard saling and can hardly wait for the season to start here.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Glad you're back!

The wisteria is really beautiful.

I love a thrift store, but I do appreciate contentment -- even more of a blessing.

Happy weekend.

Karyn said...

You are not the only one to mention the rain washing the pollen away....sounds lovely.

Contentment is a good thing, for sure....feels good to NOT buy something.

Love your #3! I homeschooled my 5 children for 17 years - nothing beats the lifestyle....or the results.


The Wisteria looks beautiful, not pesty.....I've not had the privilege of having it grow in my yard.

Have a great weekend!

Willow said...

Oh wisteria! It is a beautiful plant! Glad you got some rain and relief from the pollen. A good cup of coffee in the morning is one of the three great goods in life!

Have a great weekend. (Welcome to FFF; I was traveling last week and didn't check in.)