fall leaves

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

the sound of progress

My head is a sleepy , noisy place today. The cough kept me up a lot last night so I am TIRED . And today the demo and construction is rockin' & rollin' ! While I AM excited , I would probably be more enthusiastic  if I was running on more than a few NyQuil induced hours of sleep .
Today the old siding is coming down and the deck is being begun. I also have a new back sliding glass door ! WooHoo!
I am really struggling with figuring out how I want to cover these new windows and doors. The only two I knew what I wanted to do for were ordered wrong and had to be re-ordered. They won't be here for about 2 weeks.
Not helping is this viral crap I picked up , probably while Christmas shopping . Sigh. The cough is brutal and just robs me of all my energy! And I have been looking on line a little bit a curtains and blinds . I am always astounded by how expensive they are ! I will ( hopefully) be making the blind / roman shade for the 2 front windows . I do rather want to try a slide shutter over the back door . But we shall see. My sweet Mr. Wonderful is pretty much like "what ever" .
I do usually try to do most of chaotic projects while he is out of town . He does not like the mess. It is fun that he is in town this week . He leaves before the construction guys get here and gets home after they are gone ... but he gets to see the days progress in increments . He is such a before and "TA-DAA" guys. He would really rather just come home and it be done .
I am glad the sun is shining today and there is a lot getting done. Tomorrow is suppose to be an absolute wash out. They better get to putting that house wrap on!


No comments: