fall leaves

Thursday, December 17, 2015

The day has finally come!!

Today is THE DAY! Seriously... I am in shock a bit. They will be replacing our windows today!
We have lived in our house for 24 years. The current window style is wood. Stained the the charming late 80s patina. Most of the windows have broken seals and have fogged the inside. That mean they look nasty even when they are cleaned. 
Confession time I am not an ambitious cleaner. And I like some things to show for my efforts when I do clean. So... Yep... I let the Windows hide away under blinds and curtains. They were/are pretty dirty! 😕 yuck. 
I told Mr. Wonderful he will have to make sure we add the window cleaning to a monthly rotation. Since it has obviously been off my radar for a while. Like only happens when the curtains get washed(about twice a year!)
I can't wait to post after pics! Then later window treatment pics. I think it will be pretty different. I want to paint too! If only Christmas wasn't so close! Lol Some stuff will have to be on hold a bit until afterwards. 
No tree here , not yet anyway. I did the mantle nice and put up some yard deco. You have to make hard choices when you are awaiting demo and construction. 
Pictures soon! 😘
This is my current kitchen window. See that cloudiness ? Um...yeah...That is CLEAN. It is the window I see up close the most and I am very excited to get that new one in !!

No comments: