fall leaves

Monday, September 22, 2014

Day Book entry 9/22/14

A new week , a new Day Book ! Yay! Thank you Peggy for hosting this! Go Here to see the home blog for this event.

Outside my window - Still dark , but cool and clear. Quite lovely . Lots of crickets and critters voicing praise and probably opinions .

In my kitchen - disaster area ! I had to make food for both a funeral and a church event. I made a triple batch of this tortellini pasta salad. It was yummy ! All got eaten and wasn't difficult. I didn't get the cutting boards washed and put away yet, nor the tomato boxes discarded etc . I spent the extra time with my hubby before he was headed back out to work.

On my mind- that I need to start being more deliberate in accomplishing goals. I have got to start getting stuff done. Period , end of story , all on me. Sigh....

In my prayers - My friends hubby needs a job , he is struggling. My dad for health and salvation. My hubby for peace , favor and blessing. Me for motivation (for many areas)

In my CD player - the new Mercy Me , I am in love with the song "Greater"

I am thinking - about needing to do a fridge clean out and shopping trip , hopefully with a PLAN ! I have left over veg beef soup and grilled cheese for dinner tonight . Probably won't get to shop until Wednesday , which means Tuesday we will have breakfast food. Easy, in stock and well liked ! I might make THIS baked yummy-ness. Well liked it well enough last time that none got thrown away!

I am wearing - Jeans and my favorite fall shirt. It is rich brown with pink and coral and beige. It is very fall appropriate and a comfy , forgiving style.

I am reading - a lot of on-line articles lately . And starting a bible/book study. Will post more on that later.

Favorite quote-
I am looking for just the right font. This is going in our living room as a surprise for Mr Wonderful. He will like it . I want to put it on the outside of a frame so I can change the background with fabric or wrapping paper.

One of my favorite things - songs that speak to right where you are at ! Songs that invite my heart into worship.
This is the song "GREATER"  If you haven't heard it , please go have a listen. :-)

Plans for the week - Just pulling the house together a little better. It is very scattered and cluttered right now. It reflects my moods and mental state a lot more than it should !

Hope you all have a great week ! Thanks for stopping by . Please leave a comment , I love getting comments! Don't forget to visit the other entries for the week over at The Simple Woman's Blog.
Blessings ! Lora

4 comments:

Paula said...

Hi! Visiting from The Simple Woman's Blog....I need motivation too. Maybe this will be the week for both of us.

Monica said...

Lora! It was very nice visiting your daybook post today! I understand the need to get things done around the place. I feel so scatter brained right now! :)

Dianna said...

Lora, thank you so much for stopping by at the blog yesterday. I appreciated your visit. I have enjoyed visiting here with you today. I understand about how our homes reflecting our moods. It is an area I've really been working on.

Have a wonderful week!

Amy said...

LOVE that quote! Great idea