fall leaves

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trying new stuff

We got a whole deer worth of Venison last week . Not as much as I would have thought . But a good amount ! I cleaned out both freezers ...got rid of the yuck that needed to be purged anyway . Got it all put away and then promptly started hunting for recipes ! LOL !! No big surprize to those of you who know me .
I made my first attempt tonight . I made meat balls and they are quite tasty ! I mixed one small "tube" of breakfast sasuage with about 1 1/2 lbs of ground venison . I had to let it warm up a bit so it would incorperate well . I added 1 egg , and 1/2 cup of italian bread crumbs . That's all . Then I oven baked them on a broiler pan for about 25 mins @ 350 .
Presently there are 30 of them simmering in some sauce waiting to go in the bread I made today . Yummy ! I can hardly wait !!

No comments: