fall leaves

Monday, May 4, 2015

Simple Womans Daybook May 4,'15




For Today... May 4, 2015


Outside my window...It is the gloaming , as the Scots would say . It is that dusky time when it is not quite night but not quite daylight. The sun is down but it is as if God is giving His children just a few  moments extra to gather and get-a-going.


I am thinking... Of a multitude of things ! My brain is a busy place ! Mostly thinking of my hubby right now and praying that he has an easy time adjusting to the 2nd shift he will be having to be on soon. Here is Mr. Wonderful himself relaxing with our favorite little grand daughter (only 1!)


I am thankful... For the work of the Holy Spirit at church yesterday . Oh, I just feel like God got a lot done in a short time !


I am wearing...Denim shorts (that have a safety pin in the cuff for making beaded pretties) One of my favorite Kohl's shirts, it's a black fit and flare style tank. Comfy , presentable . The best of both worlds!


I am creating...A sign in vinyl for my dining room . (well,I hope I am anyway)


I am going...Grocery shopping , to the vinyl store and to get my oil changed this week .


I am wondering...What the furniture I am getting is going to look like in the house , and what I will need to do to it .


I am reading...
Mostly blogs right now to help me with the 99 projects I have in the works and in my head! I want to do a pond pump and make a small waterfall. Lots of reading and picture gazing !


I am hoping...I can make some very positive changes in the house for my husband.


I am learning...That I can be lazy , procrastinating but also too busy and take on too much . I seem to have very little space between the extremes.


In my garden...
Irises , scurvy weed , roses, berry canes

In my kitchen...
Corn dogs and steamer bag veggies tonight. 


In the home school room...trying to eliminate a bookshelf or two from the house.
 


A favorite quote for today... Those who will not be ruled by God will be governed by Tyrants , William Penn


A peek into one of my days...My grand baby got to play in the sprinkler for the first time .


One of my favorite things...Sunrise and sunset . This picture was take the other night on my way home .


From the board room...
photo credit to lifehacker.com

Well That's it for this weeks daybook. I hope you will leave me a comment, visit the other linked up blogs here and come back again really soon . feel free to search other posts too. :-) Have a great week y'all !
 

3 comments:

Jodi said...

What a cute picture of your grandbaby with the sprinkler! I hope the transition to 2nd shift is easy for your hubby!

Have a great week!

Jerralea said...

I can certainly relate - I live between being too busy and procrastinating, myself. I think I put things off until I can do them to my satisfaction ...

Love your sunset picture and your board room inspiration.

Ellie said...

Oh she is having fun in that sprinkler! I am not sure what my grandson will think if the sprinkler as he hates the shower! I hope your hubby adjusts to the new shift without any issues, that can be a hard adjustment. I also have way too many projects on the go, and have no idea where to start...or continue for that matter! Your photos are wonderful, have a great week! Thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog!