fall leaves

Monday, May 11, 2015

Simple womans daybook 5/11/15




For Today... May 11,2015 Today ...

 
Outside my window...It is beautiful day ! But I fear it has done a double-time step from spring to summer ! It has been hot and the dreaded Southern humidity has reared it's ugly head ! I gave in and turned the air on. I used to try to wait until June first . Now I just wait until that first night it's too hot to sleep. THat happened the other night. The air worked hard Sunday trying to get all the moisture pulled out of the house . It feels so good when you walk in .

I am thinking... That I will be super glad when Mr Wonderful gets home. Looking forward to a small get-away with him ! :-)

I am thankful... For successfully making it to our 25th anniversary! The longest guess/bet when we got married was 6 months. Year 9 we were headed for divorce but God intervened ! All praise , honor and glory to Him . I got saved. Radical life changing salvation. 5 months later Mr Wonderful got on his own bowed knee and received grace and forgiveness. He had known Jesus as a young man and walked away. God , rich in mercy, called him home to the foot of the cross . We renewed our vows and dedicated our marriage to God on our 10th anniversary .
Life has never been the same !
05/05/90 

I am wearing...jean shorts and a grey embroidered t-shirt . Socks , no shoes. Sun-glasses as a hair accessory - as usual !

I am creating...A plan to fix the broken stone on the fire place !  I watched a video and feel empowered now . I thought "hey, I can do that " LOL Well , we'll see !


 I am going... To have Ms Busy a couple days this week . Gotta get the floors done first thing in the morning !

I am wondering...If hubby will transition back to first shift easily after 2 weeks on nights. They've been working 8pm to 8am. He is dog tired and still has several days to go. Oh, the beautiful sacrifices that man makes for us !


I am reading... Some romantic fluffy thing that I downloaded on Kindle for free. I have been having trouble sleeping for various reasons and allowing my reasoning to check out for a while helps sometimes. LOL

I am hoping...For good numbers on our repair estimates. I want to squeeze as much out of our budget as possible ! And it is major stuff. Prayers appreciated !

I am learning... that even dogs go thru menopause. My AbbyJean is 10 and a half and is in heat ! She skipped the 2nd one last year so we assumed she was done. This week she have the "pukies" and didn't want to eat anything for a couple days .Then the heat hit her. Poor girl.


In my garden...My hubby drained the pond and cleaned it out . So excited to get it reestablished.  I got a new fountain pump and am going to try to have a small water feature . It will be a first ! I'll post pictures if it works !

In my kitchen...BBQ sandwiches , steamed broccoli and a veggie mix. Trying to make some hard decisions on getting rid of some stuff so my kitchen can flow better.


In the homeschool room...We are discovering to magic of "Color Wonder" The baby is 16 months old and they do not write on clothes,walls or carpet. Neat stuff !


A favorite quote for today...
This seemed appropriate to the day I need after the night I had ! The dogs kept me up A LOT !


A peek into one of my days...


One of my favorite things...
Actually , just iced coffee. No flavored stuff . Coffee , real cream and ice....definitely one of my favorite things!


That's it for this week y'all! Have a blessed week. Leave comments! 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks for popping by to my blog. I thought I'd pay you a visit too! :) Nice to meet you! Your blog is lovely.