fall leaves

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11

I will never forget 9/11 .......
I was sitting at home , the kids were still in public school then. My husband had left his two way Nextel radio home. I heard my brothers voice chime in on the radio saying "HEY!" . I picked up and said "he left it at home today ,sorry" and it chirped again and he said "You got the tv on ? Turn the tv on" I started to ask why , I heard him say something about "plane" . I was speechless looking at part of a plane sticking out of a building I had only seen on post cards and news show back drops. The reporter was talking 90 miles a minuit . I was telling my brother some of what they were saying. I watched in horror as the 2nd plane crashed. I began to tell him about it. It took my mind several tries to comprehend this wasn't cinematography . That this was real. It was real people dying and panicking and running and screaming. As I was telling Loy all I could see and hear my husband called. We talked about if I should go get our children from school.The plane hit the pentagon . We talked about the possibility of Atlanta being a target. (we are less than 100 miles from there) Charlotte could be a target. We prayed. We heard about the plane that did not reach it's target. It was such an awful day . Such awful news that just kept coming in waves. I hope our country never forgets , I know I never will.
It is a bittersweet memory to me because I can so clearly remember hearing my brothers voice and our conversation. And this side of heaven I will never hear it again. And I surly miss the random phone calls asking for "Ms. Dictionary". Wave him over and give him a hug for me today plz Lord. :*)

No comments: