fall leaves

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Harvest happiness

There was not much time this summer for my usual harvesting and canning. But last week I was blessed with a gallon baggie of frozen blueberries plus another half. My friend is moving and cannot take some stuff with her ! So I got it to have the berries! Today I am making syrup from this incredible blessing ! :-) I have made syrup every year for about 4 years now and I was a little sad that I was not going to have any for this winter. And besides my new son-in-law loved the jar I gave him last year. My dd said he rationed it out. It is wonderful on ice-cream,yogurt, and of course,pancakes! :-)
This week has been odd. My DH was supposed to be home until Friday but he got sent out early. So I am trying to use this week for things I don't usually get to do. Like paint ,and hopefully move furniture ! I hope to have it changed and tidy by the time he comes back home . I would love to have the front bath painted too but I would not want to over-plan . Then I might crash and burn ! :-( Yea,it's happened before!
I had a classic ADD moment. I was cleaning u the counter prepping to make the syrup . I had a partial bottle of wine on the counter. To make space I emptied the contents into a sobe bottle and stuck it in the fridge. Fast forward 6 hours .... I was putting lunch stuff away and espied the sobe bottle. I thought "yum" ! Spun the top and started to take a sip ....whew! glad I sniff everything first ! This is medicinal wine and not sweet at all so I'd have gagged or spewed it! LOL  I put it back in the fridge , to the back this time ! LOL
Better go , my jars should be ready for filling!
Blessings , Lora

No comments: