fall leaves

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Homekeepers Journal


I was super excited to find this ! :-) Thank you Sylvia for letting us join .

Here's what's happening in my home this week ...

1. In my Kitchen.... Homemade muffins , some of my moms favorite cookies (a recipe from her childhood that's really easy)
cooking a London Broil (that will be made over 3 times), trying to figure out how to cook for just 2 people , since it is just me
and the princess at home this week ! I will be making hard boiled eggs and some fruit salad as some safe "grab-it" foods to
satisfy that munchie attack I tend to get around 4pm daily !

2. In my marriage.... DH is out of town on a job . I did get a very welcome surprise and got to have lunch with him today since
he had to come back for something ! It was a great surprise ! And Cracker Barrel is always a winner for me . :-) We had a great
week-end over Memorial Day and I look completely forward to this coming weekend . It is my 40Th BD Sunday and we are going
to get together with friends . It should be very good .

3. With my children... The prince is away on a special invitation camping trip . He is at the beach , camping out , in his very own tent !
And I miss him ALLOT ! I am working on his room , more specifically , his laundry quandary while he is away . He just has too many
clothes ! And when I go to get a load I set the timer and do 15-20 mins worth of pick-up . I already see improvement ! And that makes
me happy.
The princess is out with a friend tonight . A girl that she has known since she was 10 and we were at our first church . She has a couple
jobs this week , so I will have quite abit of quiet time ...if I manage to stay home anyway ! I am trying to stay home more , it's hard to
tho' . (Does anyone else have this problem??)

4. I feel so relieved when... things work the way they are supposed to ! Recently my favorite crock-pot died . Then my back up didn't
work right either ! That ended up being one meal out and one meal of eggs and quickly thawed sausage ! Very frustrating !! When I
need papers printed for an interview I was suppose to conduct , the printer wouldn't work this morning ! I was out of black ink ! (and
because I had bought a refilled cartridge , it didn't tell me!) Sigh... I had warned the gentleman I was not a professional ! And then proved
it ! LOL

5. My spiritual life is declining (alittle) ..... We have had several people on our prayer list die in the last month . And I think that is a
whammy . I don't doubt Gods wisdom , timing or sovereignty . It just took the wind from my sails a little . We watched a friend lose his
battle with cancer . And saw how his wife fell apart and is fighting bitterness . Very sad ! One friend from church had his daddy die from
a horrible boating accident . God gave them 12 days together , to talk , and love each other tho' . Both my bible studies groups are 'off' for
the summer . So I HAVE to make the effort to get into the Word on my own !

6.If I am honest , the thing that keeps me from praying as often as I should is ... busy-ness , fake busy-ness even ! It seems to be satan
s favorite ploy for me . "just keep her going in circles"

7. I see God moving in ... My desires to make our home more home-y and welcoming . To have less stuff and stream-line a little . Not that
it's easy ... I have been a pack-rat (but I don't want to be a hoarder!)

8. This is in the deepest recesses of my mind but it should be moved into the light ... My tentative probing of how I feel about turning 40 .
My husband is 10+ years older than I am , and he makes me feel very loved ....just 40 is a biggie , or at least the world says it is ...so I am
wondering if it IS ?? And how I feel about that ?

That's all for this week ! Ya'll make sure to read the other posts over at Christian Homekeeper Network .
Have a blessed week !
Love,
Lora Lee

1 comment:

Christian Homekeeper said...

Lora Lee I enjoyed your Journal entries so much, thank you for sharing and joining with me! I hope to see you again at CHK.
Love
Sylvia