fall leaves

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

homemade frapp'e

Those icy coffee Fraps are a delight to me and my kidd-o's (15 & 21 , I am not giving it to toddlers! LOL) The ones at the coffee shop are $3-$5 and the Mickey D's are about $2.50 or more . THat adds up ! I got one the other day when they were on the $1 special . I asked myself what makes them SO good ?! They are rich , creamy,sweet and COLD ! SO ...I have experimented here at home to see if I could make something satisfying .
Here's what I have found we like . :-) It is seriously yummy !
1 cup of coffee
2 Tbs unrefined sugar (or what ever you use)
1 Cup raw milk (or whole milk , or 1/2 & 1/2)
3 cap-full of vanilla
12 sprinkles of cinnamon
1 Tbs virgin coconut oil (I use spectrum)
lots of ice
I put the sweetner in the warm coffee and mix to dissolve , I pour that in the blender . Then the coconut oil . Next put the milk or cream , add vanilla and cinnamon ( I have fallen in love with Pampered Chefs) fill the blender with a large amount of ice ( I fill 3/4 of the way full) Blend ! I just guesstimate the amounts so play with it . The coconut oil adds a richness to this and it is a GOOD for you addition . It staves off hunger ! Seriously ! Look it up . :-)
If ya'll try it let me know !

No comments: