fall leaves

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Homekeepers Journal


This is for the Homekeepers Journal posted on June 8th . I didn't find it until today . :-) I checked Monday and early Tuesday for it but then the week went crazy ! The princess has started a new job working with some cute little girls she just loves ! And the prince was away at an out-of town friends house. I did get quite allot done (not that you can much tell) And I did start working on crafts for camp . Playing with new ideas . I came up with a bracelet I think I am going to offer to the kids . I really like it ! I will try to post some pics Monday . DH is home and not feeling well so I know i won't get it done this weekend ;-)!

So here's the Homekeepers Journal entry:

My definition of a Homekeeper is.....well...a person whose life and ministry centers around the home .


My favorite place to practice the profession of home keeping is... The kitchen. I love finding nutritional recipes that my family actually likes. I love the nights we can have dinner all together (rare indeed!) I love canning too . But that also falls under providing good stuff for the consumption of ppl I love !

I do/do not find joy in keeping my home and I think the reason is.... I do find joy in it ! I know it is because I love my family . We homeschool so we really do live, love and learn here . We eat here , minister to neighbors , have bible study ,tend a garden and small pond . We have 6 pets so lots of life lessons there too . And since dear hubby travels allot with his job , I live to provide him a safe haven to come home to. And I am also , by default, the parent on call ...for what-ever arises .

At this point in my life , I believe my children, husband and/or other family members think about our house... Hubby loves coming home . When you frequently live out of a motel home is a luxury . DS enjoys being home . The princess is yearning for a home of her own . And by her age I was married and had a baby so I do understand . She can enjoy home , resent us, nit-pick it what-ever . She is at a dis-contented place. We try not to worry too much about the "others" part . Our home is far from picture-perfect but it is a work in progress and as I am finding out , so am I !

Things I wish someone had told me about homekeeping when I was young... That it's a real job ! That it is respectable to stay home and make your family priority #1 . I didn't know the Lord until 10 years ago and I certainly wish I had met Him as Savior long before that , He really changes the whole equation !

The message I received about being a wife and mother when I was growing up ... That they had to do it all , and it should come naturally . My mom did it all . Dinner on time , yard work , laundry . She didn't teach me any of it so I just assumed it must come natural when you needed it . HA.HA ! Wrong ! My poor hubby had some rough times as I struggle to learn what i needed to know . I crashed and burned ALLOT in the beginning ! I have totally raised my girl differently ! She knows most of what she needs . She my have a limited menu rotation ...but she wont starve of scare him . LOL

Six blessings God has given me this week ... healing for the awful dizzy spell I was having (praise God , none this week!)
Healing our kitty , bringing dh and ds home safe , advancing ds a grade in school , a wonderful floating light in my newly re-newed pond (got it at a thrift store for $3 !) a couple of nice hours with my mom . She rode with me to do some errands . It was a nice , low-stress time . Kind of rare sine my brother died last August .
Ya'll feel free to comment ! And don't forget to check the other entries !! Go here http://christianhomekeeper.org/blog/homekeepers-journal-june-8-with-linky-love/ to read the others !
Blessing ! Lora

No comments: