fall leaves

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Titus 2

There seems to be much talk about Titus 2 . Being a Titus 2 woman or having a Titus 2 ministry . I recently finished a bible study that carried that theme as an undercurrent .
I found a unique bent to this idea . There was a lady in the grocery store that had 3 young children in the cart . They were rambunctious and she was frazzled . Probably a pretty normal sight . But I choose to give a few words of encouragement , assure her I had lived thru that stage and since my youngest is now 14 I can tell her she will one day look back on this time with fondness . Since the kids paused to listen to me too , it gave everyone a short break , and the woman began to look at these precious children as potential teenagers . And at the aggravation of the day as a "this too shall pass moment" . Admittedly , I never mentioned Jesus . And it was a fleeting moment really . It was a true Titus 2 moment . I was blessed ; I hope she was too .

1 comment:

n*stitches said...

From someone who has been on the receiving end of a Titus 2 moment, I know that she appreciated that!