fall leaves

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

soup weather !

Well , after weather that has felt more like April that January we are coming into some real soup weather . I wish dear hubby was going to be home to enjoy it ...but since he is not I will make the one soup out of the Harry and Davids gift set my mom got me for Christmas that he would not eat ! You see my DH is veg-a-phobic . Oh , sure there are some he will eat . And more now than ever before ~ we have made progress ! But he won't eat black-eyed peas and they are in this Tuscan Chicken soup mix . LOL

I love the practical gifts I got this year ! Almost all kitchen stuff . New baking sheets , a new muffin pan and a new knife set ! The one I had was like 20 years old from Fingerhut , with blue plastic handles ...it matched the country ducks I used to have in the kitchen at the old farm house we lived in . Hmmm...I will have to tell ya'll about that old house sometime ! It was interesting !!
My non-kitchen gift was the net book . I am finding it very useful ! Can't hardly wait to take it to the prayer room at IHOP tonight .
Better get moving ....the kitchen is not going to clean its-self . And the princess has her intended coming over to break biscuit with us tonight ...garlic cheese ones to be exact ! LOL

No comments: