fall leaves

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We had our big family and friends gathering at our "neutral location" . It was beautifully decorated , wonderfully fragrant and overflowing with abundance ! We had about 20 people in attendance and fed almost 30 people !
It was still pretty painful , the missing loved ones are still much missed , but this day we choose to love , to celebrate LIFE and GRACE and each other. It was good . God was there with us . Encouraging us to LOVE and serve . And sometimes it is His holy nudge that keeps us going and doing .
There was a lot of action and laughs today . The type that life with a toddler , who has been aptly named "Ms. Busy" , brings about . I think my favorites were when she found the cranberry jel , left with-in her reach and cut into tantalizing little fist sized globs. She ate several handfuls ! And we were thankful that her Thanksgiving dress was appropriately ...cranberry colored ! ;-)
My , wind knocked out moment was at the end of the afternoon . I was placing dishes into the piles to make sure they went home with the right people and there was a smallish crock-pot on the counter. I turned it around to see who's it was and it had my moms name on the top , in her handwriting . I sucked in a big breath and bit back the tears that sprang to my throat .
Altogether a rousing success. I have threatened that next year we are doing tacos. The whole traditional thing is SO involved ! I love it all right up to the day of . Well , actually , I am that way about a lot of things!
Better close off . Hubby is dozing in the corner of the couch .He has been working some weird shifts and I know he is tired! Poor guy !

He's two picture to complete todays post.....

No comments: