fall leaves

Monday, November 9, 2015

Old homestead

I have realized why old farm houses that sit by themselves speak to my heart. 
You see I live in a sub-division. It's an older sub-division so we do have a respectable amount of space. And there are bout 4 styles of houses and slight variations there of. So they are not the cookie-cutter block situation. But that being said these houses were made by a builder. The original owners (some of them) got to pick from the choices available and include a couple customization details. We are not the original owners- there are definitely things I would do differently. Number one being the kitchen. The stove is right next to the refrigerator- I mean , who does that?! It makes no sense. 
But when I see an old farm house my heart stirs. I realize I do not have the skill or drive to own and take care of one but ... Oh , my heart! That was someone's dream. Literally blood, sweat and tears. The kitchen window was place just so ... For the wife's own reasons. Facing the sunset, or maybe the family cemetery. Or the gate that her husband would be walking in and out of at the beginning and end of every day.
Yes, indeed, I know why old farmhouses speak to my heart! 

No comments: