fall leaves

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Here we are at the end of the school year that marks the end of my homeschooling career. Sad and happy all together.I can hardly wait to see what God is going to do with this kid! Speaking of him...I have to share a funny story! Last week I found evidence that there had been a mouse in my kitchen drawers. Ewwwww...... I know! So I cleaned out the drawers(turns out said rodent has strange taste indeed!It had eaten propel packets toothpaste an emergen-C) Anyway....after cleaning and washing and throwing away and sanitizing the drawers I put back some stuff (like keys and measuring spoons) and went about my business. I have checked drawers often and only found evidence of rodent presence once.I congratulated myself on a John well done. Then... last night my DS (17) says that while he was home alone the other day he head something in the kitchen and went investigating. He tracked down the rustle to the drawer. He Yankee the drawer open and found the mouse. He grabbed a huge knife out of the sink and proceeded to try to stab the mouse, chasing it mercilessly around the drawer. He did not manage to hit it at all but now I suspect that that is the real reason the mouse has not come back! It had nothing to do with mycleaning efforts! Ha! I laughed so hard....almost as hard as my DH did when I said I was going to buy a live trap to catch the mouse! Are we a weird family or what?!? :-)

No comments: