fall leaves

Saturday, November 27, 2010

On to Christmas....


To kick off the Christmas "season" I got up early ....not insanely early like some....and hit a couple Black Friday sales . I went to Athens and went to Sears,Penneys and AE. Then on the way home I went to Tractor supply . I got everything that I had put on the list I made while perusing on-line sale fliers . It was a pretty good success ! I had to order one thing for the princess. They were out of her size but JcP offered free shipping to store and I still got the BF sale price . AND...it gives me an excuse to go browse the mall one day in the next week or so when it's not such a mad-house . It's a win-win situation ! :-)

Thanksgiving was a rousing success . Way too much food , of course ;-) . We had opened it to anyone who didn't have a plan , but it ended up just being family . That's OK . We want to try again next year and spread the word earlier . We raided the house of most of the fall decorations and took them to the church to decorate there. It wasn't planned to be a huge help to me but it was...now, the slate is mostly blank ---ready for Christmas decorations ! I hope to work on that next week but I have an election to work and sometimes that throws things off for days . This is looking to be a small run-off for 2 judges seats so maybe I won't be too wiped out ! It's still a long day !

Today my hubby got down winter clothes for me to go thru . I better go get back to it . The dryer will be done in just a few minits and then I can swap the cloths over . This is only our 2nd cold day this season . But looking at the forecast it is forecast to be much cooler this week and we will be needing the jeans and long sleeve shirts I am finding !

Blessings ! Lora

No comments: