fall leaves

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life

Well , life gets crazy ...as we all do know ! So ...I have not posted in a couple of weeks . I was really beating myself up about it and thinking of doing away with the whole blog . But then a friend told me that she is a sporadic poster as well and may post a few days in a row then not at all for weeks . So , with renewed vigor , I am back ! LOL .... Thanks Donna !

I took the prince bowling with a couple of his friends today . It was pretty good . And since Donna is always full great info , I also got some great ideas . We might be able to get involved in some 4H stuff that would actually be enjoyable ...like archery ! The idea bears more investigation on my part .

I did some more canning . I did alot of pear combos . since I had gotten quite a few pears for free . I did a lovely spiced pear jelly . It used red-hots , which were really hard to find by the way . You can find that recipe here
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Cider-Jelly I used fresh pear juice , not cider . The taste is very good and it is such a pretty red that I think it will make lovely Christmas gifts .

I haven't been posting my menu , and DH is out-of-town so I am not good at doing the whole routine when he's gone . But DD intended has been coming for dinner once a week so that keeps me anchored on task a little better . It is definately something I continue to work on ! I will ost the menu for next week ! And to be realistic .. may not be back on here until then ! So go find me on facebook , I am there more often ! LOL

No comments: