fall leaves

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

the day after Christmas

It' s December 26th! We survived the Mayan end and Christmas. I wasn't worried about the whole Mayan thing.I know what scripture says about no man knows the end. But Christmas... that's another story! I was indeed concerned about how that would come together!
My wonderful son put the tree up last week.I did some minor decorations outside.Hubby put lights on the cross. It was a better late than never type of season. As usual I was still wrapping gifts at midnight on Christmas eve. Hubby did help a lot this year! And that's kind of a first! We went on a marriage retreat in the fall and I found out I really enjoy working in the kitchen with his help. 23 years later...who' d have thought?! We baked cookie batches together last weekend. I even got new cookie sheets for the occasion! It was fun!
We did get all but one gift delivered on time. I was glad of that! Amazon loves me this year.I will have certainly paid for my Prime membership this year! I think most everyone was happy with their gifts. I got a vacuum(which I asked for) and 2 cooking pans.A new wedding ring,a new kindle fire he (yay) fun stuff!!
Tonight is is cold and windy. Small bits of sleet/snow. yucky- Ness! I am making my friends cheeseburger soup recipe! I will try to review it here tomorrow. :)She made me a wonderful notebook with a zipper pouch for receipts from Christmas . pockets for favorite recipes,pages for traditions and memories.etc...
Better run...I have a sore spot in my mouth and I need to go find some Tylenol. I would usually take Motrin but my cycle was a no show this month so I don' t want to take any chances. I have a few other suspicious symptoms too...but it' s been a really L- O- N- G time since I have needed to even think about it! LOL
 Blessings y' all!
Lora Lee

1 comment:

Lora Lee said...

BTW...The Cheeseburger soup was awesome! Eaten to the very last drop! I will certainly be making that again! :-)