fall leaves

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Long days , short years

A friend of mine posted on Facebook the other day about being slightly overwhelmed with the chores that come with motherhood. She said she realizes that the days are long and hard but the years are short and will be sweet. That resonated with my soul!
Our youngest is engaged to be married. I already have plans for the room that he will be moving out of. It will be my craft room. I already have the layout drawn, and dancing around in my brain. I am very excited about it because I think it will help the entire house flow better. But in the same respect – I do not want to rush them out the door.
 I can say with all honesty I have thoroughly enjoyed my children. And now, praise the Lord, I am getting to also enjoy my first grandchild. But if you had asked me 10 years ago, I would have agreed that some of the days in the trenches of homeschool, meals, laundry, arguments about rooms and curfews - they were some pretty long days!
I think God is teaching me not to wish away my days forwards or backwards! I want to remember the sweetness of my children when they were little but I want to embrace the future of grandbabies to hold and growing old with my Mr. Wonderful. 
And yet I always want to have in mind, "even so, come Lord Jesus!"

No comments: