fall leaves

Monday, August 22, 2011

August ?!?

Well here it is August already ! School is starting back (well ours never quit actually) . The afternoons are HOT . And we have the dreaded anniversary coming up . Loy will be gone from us 2 years this Sat. Days like today,when I saw something in the store he would have totally loved,make me miss him alot. He was a good brother . It was totally not his fault he was the favorite ! LOL ...He would have said I was and may make a point to when I get to heaven some day .
We went to the funeral of one of my sons friends dads yesterday. He was only 43 ! So sad. He leaves a wife and 15yo daughter . I do not know how they will make it ! It has made us look at each other differently. I am only 41 , but God could send that call anytime. I kind of hope He doesn't for quite a few years yet , but it could happen . I actually pray it isn't while my parent are still alive. Really.
OK ...on to lighter fare ! I am revamping a $10 yard sale dresser . And of course I forgot to take before pictures ! But I will post after photos and try to find somewhere to link up . I get such enjoyment out of reading all those blog parties! And it'd be nice to enter one for a change !
I am also doing a mini-redo on my kitchen . I got new curtains with some money my friend gave me for my birthday . They are green & white plaid ! SOooooo cute. Then Friday at Kohl's I found kitchen rugs and towels to match ! I am super excited! I wanted to paint the kitchen cabinets but this is a much easier way to spiff it up for a while !
We had one child move out . And we made her old room an office ! Wait...actually , since the room she moved out of was empty we cleaned it well then painted it and moved her brother in there. He got to pick paint colors and got a new (light-ly  used) bed. He went from twin to queen ! He has enjoyed the improvement but is in need of a good cleaning ! Seriously. I told him I am going to start making him run in the morning when I go to walk every day until it's clean ! (starting Monday)
Oh, I guess that's another re-vamp ! LOL , I am walking 5 days a week . We go about 1 1/2 miles. but I am back home by 8 when school starts so it's good . That's a definite advantage to NOT having little children anymore ! I don't have to worry about leaving the 16yo here for an hr in the morning . :-)
Guess I should close out . Just wanted to make a quick post so my few readers wouldn't think I vanished ! :-) Blessings all ! Love , Lora

No comments: