fall leaves

Thursday, August 12, 2010

soggy clutter

I am a clutter Queen . Sigh... I usually blame it on my small house , but it's just me . Wednesday I walked down first thing in the morning to throw in a load of laundry (It's the habit for Aug. flylady followers) ...anyway, there was a puddle on the garage floor by the washer . I mopped up the water with a towel or 2 and threw them in the wash too . I was figuring something was wrong with the washer so I packed towels around it .
I turned off the water to the washer last night , only to come down this morning to find a huge puddle again . DH said maybe the water heater that is next to the washer.
I had clothes and towels and lots of "stuff" by the washer and water heater...and guess what? It either needed immediate washing or was ruined already . I have spent 2 days cleaning down there in the garage/dungeon . I have gotten 3 barrels of trash out , and 2 boxes of "give-away" . Only a dumpster load to go !
I am taking the hot part of the day off and need to clean in the house . My dh comes home tomorrow and it is a mess , even more that usual !
I think I will store some of my plastic storage tubs over there from now on. no more clothes ! That thing had been leaking for a LONG time and I was blissfully unaware!
Yikes !

No comments: