fall leaves

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Works for me Wednesday


Ok ...so I am trying to think of what works for me . Well what works for me and might benefit someone else anyway . I think I have to go with my *new* bread machine . We had a field trip to the Atlanta History center yesterday . So I put Speg. & pre-cooked meatballs in the crock-pot . Put Italian Herb and Cheese bread ingredients in the bread machine and set it to be done at 6:30 pm . Well except for the glitch of forgetting to push start it went great ! My DH was home before me , caught the boo-boo and correctly re-set everything and everything continued smoothly .
And I felt pretty accomplished !
Here's the recipe I based the bread off of . Ummmm....

Italian Herb and cheese bread
1 1/4 cups tepid water
3 cups bread flour
1/2 cup shredded pepperjack cheese (I used real Asiago, 'cuz that's what I had)
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
2 tablespoons powdered cheese (found in mac and cheese dinners)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the machine's manufacturer. Select White Bread or Basic cycle. Start.
This recipe yields a 1 1/2 pound loaf.

No comments: